To serve, accompany and protect our clients.
Our motivation: to advise, negotiate and mediate helping to develop businesses and transform disputes into human and legal safety and protection achieving high productivity and returns for the business and personal relationships.
- We connect with every client, listening to them, and communicating with them in their entrepreneurial language, understanding their needs, interests and objectives and legally protecting their business project and financial profit.
- Our interventions adapt to our clients, their environments and challenges by means of alternative solutions and a comprehensive vision of all elements involved in (financial, commercial, operational, personal, social, reputational, etc.).
- We manage agreements and solve conflicts through negotiation, mediation and alternative dispute resolutions to legal proceedings acting as neutrals as it may proceed.
Our objective: to establish and maintain multifaceted professional relationships with our clients, through:
- Proximity and adaptation of the early intervention mechanisms for preventing conflict resolution in the business environment.
- Quality business mediation.
We provide our clients, both domestic and international, with:
- Knowledge of the business environment.
- A business orientation.
- Flexibility, speed and resilience to changing and complex realities.
- Expertise in strategy definitions.
- Risk assessment, mitigation and prevention.
- Specialization in business mediation and negotiation, nationally and internationally, helping to do business or to settle disputes.
- Proactive collaboration with client teams.
- Intuitive vision and conscious understanding of individuals, contributing to enhanced communications in organisations through innovative working methods.
- Creativity and innovation 4.0. Ability to contribute to the generation of transformational changes in business projects.
- Sense of rigour, transparency and consistency.
MARÍA BACAS MALO
Negotiator, business mediator and specialist of conflict resolution.
Partner of MIND THE LAW and partner director of MIND THE AGREEMENT.
Mediator accredited in London by the CEDR, Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution, a leading independent organisation of Europe in ADR, and one of the most prestigious worldwide.
Agreement management and culture, with transformational results that surpass initial legal and corporate expectations.
Areas of practice
Corporate Law, Trade Law, Real Estate and Public Law.
Career and achievements
- Extensive national and international track record having spent almost twenty years as Director of Legal Services.
- More than twelve years in said position and as Secretary of the Board at Grupo Vips and Starbucks Spain, France and Portugal (2003-2016).
- Having directed the legal services of Starbucks France since its launch in 2003 and until 2009.
- Head of legal services within the power generation sector at Asea Brown Boveri (ABB) and, subsequently Alstom, where she occupied the positions of General Counsel, Secretary of the Board and Board-member of Alstom España Ib, S.L. and Alstom Power España, S.A. (1992-2003).
Member of various bodies and institutions related to law and advocacy, corporate environment, business mediation and executive coaching:
- Bar Association of Madrid.
- CEDR (Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution), London. Member of the neutrals panel of the CEDR. Faculty and consultant of CEDR.
- Register of Mediators of the Ministry of Justice, Spain.
- AGERS (Asociación Española de Gerencia de Riesgos y Seguros – Spanish Insurance and Risk Management Association). Member of the mediators and neutrals panel of the AGERS Dispute Resolution Centre.
- FIDE (Fundación para la Investigaciónsobre el Derecho y Empresa – Foundation for Law and Business Research), Madrid. Founder member of the neutrals CEDR FIDE Club in Spain.
- ABE (Asociación para la Búsqueda de la Excelencia – Association for the Pursuit of Excellence), Spain. Board Member.
- Instituto Superior de Negociación of Francisco de Vitoria University, Board member and Faculty.
A regular conference speaker for forums, master’s degree courses and on national and international round tables.
Promoter of various work groups, forums, round tables and sessions on mediation and other ADR and Law-related subjects from a business perspective.
“STRUCTURING JOINT VENTURES IN FRANCHISING” by Theodore P. Pearce, Bradley Arant Boult Cummings Charlotte, NC, USA; María Bacas, Madrid, SPAIN, and Luciana Bassani, Dannemann Siemsen Advogados, Rio de Janeiro, BRAZIL. Presented at the INTERNATIONAL BAR ASSOCIATION & INTERNATIONAL FRANCHISE ASSOCIATION (IBA/IFA) 32nd ANNUAL JOINT CONFERENCE – INTERNATIONAL FRANCHISING COMMITTEE – May 17-18, 2016. Washington, D.C. U.S.A.
Active publications in social networks specialized in ADR.
- Knowledge of company business with a global vision.
- Ability and used to work with different cultures and professional and executive profiles, in collaborative environments and with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Broad-minded perspective and flexibility to understand and adopt new business trends.
- Problem-solving capacity and acumen, thriving on adverse challenges.
- Implementation capability and delivery mindset.
- Person who connects people and teams together, creating, powering and maintaining long-term trusted relationships.
- Fluency in three languages: Spanish, English and French.
- University Degree in Law. UAM, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Autonomous University of Madrid).
- Master’s Degree in Financial Management and Management Control. IE, Instituto de Empresa, Madrid.
- Master’s Degree in Foreign Trade. ICADE, Instituto Católico de Administración y Dirección de Empresas, Madrid (Catholic Institute of Business Administration and Management, Madrid).
- Accredited mediator by CEDR, Center for Effective Dispute Resolution, London.
- Mediator accredited in Civil, Commercial and Family Mediation by the Rey Juan Carlos University of Madrid, for access to the Registry of Mediators of the Spanish Ministry of Justice.
- Diploma in Financial Administration and Accounting). CEF, Centro de Estudios Financieros (Financial Studies Centre), Madrid.
- Executive Coach. EEC, Escuela Europea de Coaching (European School of Coaching), Madrid (ACTP programme recognised and accredited by ICF, AECOP and FIACE).